Therapeutic Foster Care
Open a Door for a Child ~ Become a Foster Parent!
PHILLIPS Teaching Homes (PTH) offers homes with specially trained foster parents for children and youth with emotional and behavioral challenges. PHILLIPS Teaching Parents provide a safe, nurturing and therapeutic environment, giving children and youth with special needs the care they need to thrive and grow.
Available for children from birth to age 21 at time of placement, our therapeutic foster care services include:
- Treatment foster care and intensive levels, and teen parent placements
- Respite care out of home
- Independent living support
- Case management
- Foster/adoptive parent training
Interested in becoming a PHILLIPS Teaching Parent?
PHILLIPS Teaching Homes provides a specialized 27-hour PRIDE training (prior to placement of children and adolescents) which will prepare you to become more confident in your parenting skills with children that are in foster care and also children that are eligible for adoption. This training will cover all competencies needed to meet the needs of children and adolescents that have gone through traumatic experiences, special discipline, attachment difficulties and will provide with a detailed overview of the foster care system. After placement, we provide ongoing training, support and we are available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
PHILLIPS Teaching Parents receive:
- 24-hour support and ongoing consultation from PTH staff
- Respite services
- Socialization theme based youth clinical groups
- Help to secure educational, therapeutic, health care and other community services needed by the foster child.
Please complete a Teaching Parent Application or contact Ana Sierra at 703-941-3471.