Growing a Bright Future
Growing Futures’ Farm to Table model is a hands on experiential program encompassing both culinary arts training in a state of the art commercial kitchen, and training in an indoor hydroponic vertical farm growing and harvesting fresh ingredients such as herbs, vegetables and microgreens all year long.
Growing Futures students:
- Earn ServeSAFE certification
- Build technical & academic skills required for employment in the food service industry
- Develop soft work skills, critical thinking & problem solving
- Participate in internships with local employers
- Receive mentoring & support in job placement.
Growing Futures youth gain confidence and competence culminating in employment. Through participation in entrepreneurial activities and authentic work experiences, youth thrive as they develop marketable career skills, acquire health & wellness practices and gain an understanding of sustainability practices with earth’s natural resources
news coverage on growing futures:
For more information, please contact...
Sarah Headley-Boyd, M.A.
Program Director, PHILLIPS School ~ Laurel
Lindsay Harris, Ed.S.
Director of Career Partners