Laying the Foundation for Success
PHILLIPS Building Futures provides intensive hands-on career training for youth. The program provides youth with academic programming, positive behavioral supports, industry certification and related services while they learn the building trades as part of their school day.
Building Futures students are learning how to build a house!
PHILLIPS Building Futures provides students with the opportunity to attend school in a nontraditional manner.
Students spend half of the day in a classroom receiving their academic instruction, and half of the day on the work site learning the construction trades.
Vocational training may include:
- Construction Design
- And other aspects of home construction and repair.
Most children are enrolled in PHILLIPS Schools by their public school system. Usually the admissions process is as follows:
- Parent and County personnel discuss placement options at the IEP meeting
- PHILLIPS receives referral file
- PHILLIPS calls parent(s) to arrange free interview
- Admissions team reviews child’s history
- Parents and/or guardians attend interview with child (required)
If you believe that PHILLIPS may be an appropriate setting to meet your child’s needs, please call 703-941-8810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
Lindsay A. Harris, Ed.S.
DIRECTOR, CAREER PARTNERS