PHILLIPS Schools: A Caring Approach to Special Education
Every Day is a Chance to Begin Anew
The students who need PHILLIPS are used to “striking out” over and over again. At PHILLIPS Schools, at the core of our philosophy is that whatever missteps a student took yesterday, he or she can do better today.
We offer special education at our two non-public non-profit day schools for students for whom public or other specialized schools were not successful. We increase the chances of success at PHILLIPS through:
- Highly individualized learning environments, small classes and multidisciplinary faculty and teams
- Serving elementary through high school students with tailored programs to fit the needs of each child
- Strong emphasis on academic, social and career skills, and on partnering with families
- Individualized services including counseling and speech, occupational and physical therapy as needed
Most students are referred by their local school systems because the public or non-public options previously available did not meet all of their needs. Publicly referred students are financial supported by the referring system. Parents may also arrange to privately pay, with payment plans available.
We are state approved to serve students with:
- Specific Learning Disability
- Emotional Disability
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Other Health Impairment (Annandale campus only)
Ages 8 – 21 in Laurel; 6 – 21 in Annandale
Grades 3 – 12 in Laurel; 1 – 12 in Annandale
Regardless of a student’s formal diagnostic or educational assessments, PHILLIPS specializes in understanding and helping to transform problematic behavior patterns which interfere with a child’s academic and social functioning.