Laying the Foundation for Success
PHILLIPS Building Futures provides academic instruction and a transition curriculum for students with behavioral health needs. The program provides students with high school course work, career and transition curriculum, individualized positive supports, social skills instruction and related services. Students in the PHILLIPS Building Futures ~ Loudoun program receive all of their instruction at The Freedom Center in Leesburg, VA.
PHILLIPS Building Futures ~ Loudoun campus provides students with authentic hands on career exploration experiences. The highly individualized program provides students with the foundational work habits, attitudes and social skills needed for a successful transition to postsecondary employment opportunities. Students have the opportunity to be involved in simple residential home repairs and/or full renovation projects, engage in landscape design and installation, grow fresh produce and flowers, and become part of a collaborative team focused on enhancing transition skills.
In the classroom students are enrolled in the coursework needed for either their Standard High School Diploma or their Applied Studies Diploma. Students are provided with a small student to staff ratio with individualized support and positive behavioral supports.
Transition curriculum may include:
- Authentic career exploration experiences within the Freedom Center Campus
- Community based experiences
- Social skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Opportunities to specialize in the building trades
Most children are enrolled in PHILLIPS Building Futures by their public school system. Usually the admissions process is as follows:
- Parent and County personnel discuss placement options at the IEP meeting
- PHILLIPS receives referral file
- PHILLIPS calls parent(s) to arrange free interview
- Admissions team reviews child’s history
- Parents and/or guardians attend interview with child (required)
If you believe that PHILLIPS may be an appropriate setting to meet your child’s needs, please call 703-669-0740 and referrals for admissions can be emailed to email@example.com
see the news coverage on building futures:
A Second Chance: Program Equips Students With Tools for Success, Leesburg Today
PHILLIPS Offers Academics, Life Lessons to Special Needs Students, The Loudoun Tribune
For more information, please contact...